"Seven countries have awarded 800MHz digital dividend spectrum to mobile operators since the first auction of this spectrum in 2010. Our data shows a downward trend in the value of this spectrum in Western Europe, which can be explained by the following factors:
- A growing device ecosystem in alternative LTE bands.
- The launch of LTE networks in alternative bands before 800MHz spectrum became available.
- Market consolidation - MNOs are bidding jointly for 800MHz spectrum, joint ventures have been formed, and a takeover is underway in Austria.
- Such market developments reduce the level of demand for spectrum.
- Stricter coverage requirements."